Operate equipment to apply asphalt to roadbeds, parking lots, airport runways, taxiways, and private driveways.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently by following patterns to properly compact and finish asphalt material from paver.
- Understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- 1-2 years of related asphalt and road construction experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, and dusty environments.
- Must be able to workdays, nights, or weekends as needed.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate with team in a professional manner.