Operate paving machine and/or screed used for applying asphalt to roadbeds, parking lots, airport runways, taxiways, and driveways.
- Operate asphalt paver and or screed to apply asphalt per plan and quality specifications as instructed by crew superintendent to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met. Also, must perform additional tasks of other positions as needed and instructed by foreman.
- Screed operation on the asphalt paver involves making normal adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade and finished cross section of asphalt material via screed controls.
- Ability to operate or initiative to learn to operate other equipment required on an asphalt crew.
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the equipment.
- Ability to operate asphalt paver/screed within designated area with attention to detail and emphasis on craftsmanship.
- Ability to guide and direct dump trucks while backing up to machine hopper when operating paver.
- Manipulates hand or foot levers to control movements of machine spreads and levels asphalt on subgrade of highway and related surfaces such as parking lots, streets, etc.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- 1 to 2 years related asphalt and road construction experience preferred.
- Must be able to workdays, nights, or weekends as needed.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate with team in a professional manner.